On this page you can find links to services and organizations we support. Please let us know if you would like to become part of our network and have your information on our site by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We are consistently adding new links to this page, so come back soon.
Local Dog Walkers
Organizations and People You Should Know About
- APDT (Association Of Pet Dog Trainers)
- IAABC (International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants)
- Premier (Makers of the Gentle Leader and Easy Walk body harnesses)
- Kong (classic dog toy and a “dog trainers best friend)
- Modern Dog Group
- Dr. Sophia Yin (Animal Behaviorist)
- Dr Ilana Reisner (Local Veterinary Behaviorist)
- Kayen Pryor (First name to know in clicker training)
- ClickerTraining .com
- Brenda Aloff (Books and DVDs)
- Dog Star Daily (website for Dr. Ian Dunbar’s training articles)
- Anima Behavior Resources Institute
- Mine Line Deputy Dogs (Service Dogs in Pennsylvania)
- Your Pit Bull & You (Website and Blog)
- Truly Dog-Friendly (TrulyDogFriendly.com)
- Family Paws (Promoting safety for families with dogs)
Reactivity, Aggression and Fearful Dogs
- Reactivity and Aggression in Dogs by Jennifer Cattet PH.D.
- What to do if a dog is chasing you by Robin Bennett
- Suzanne Clothier articles (relationship centered training)
- What To Do If Your Dog Bites A Person
- Dr. Yin's Article On How To Evaluate A Dog Bite
- Dog Bite Laws
- Nan Arthur's Article on how diet affects behavior in dogs. Nan Arther is the author of "Chill Out Fido"
- Reducing Leash Reactivity by Alice Tong of the Karen Pryor Academy
- D.I.N.O.S (Dogs In Need Of Space)
- Thresholds: When dogs reach their emotional edge by Maureen Backman, MS, CTC
- Nicole Wilde - on growling
- Protocol for Relaxation by Dr. Karen L. Overall
- The Muzzle Up! Project
- Dominance Myths and Training Realities
- Information on the dangers of how shock-collars and e-collars work (including resources)
- Side effects of shock-collar use.
- Position Statement on the use of punishment for behavior modification by the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior.
- Position statement on the use of Dominance Theory in Behavior Modification on animals by the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior.
- "Dominance and all that jazz..." by Sue Ailsby